Replacement drivers for Meadowlark Ospreys

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by liamjf, Oct 27, 2008.

1. liamjf

liamjf

Hello, due to an overzealous cleaner the silk(?) domes on my mid range drivers ahve both been pushed in. I have managed to get them back out but they seem a bit creased.
    Do I, as I fear, need replacement drivers and if so does anyone know which ones?
    I know they're Scanspeak but no more than that.

Cheers, Liam.

liamjf, Oct 27, 2008
  2. liamjf

YNMOAN Trade - AudioFlat

YNMOAN, Oct 27, 2008
  3. liamjf

SMEagol Because we wants it...

...always reminds me of a young lady assistant in Superfi, who when dealing with a pogged in tweeter, lent down, wrapped her mouth around the baffle and sucked. Could have given me some warning I thought, as did the rest of the shocked customers! she said it worked everytime. No wonder the demo pair sounded so good. :p

SMEagol, Oct 27, 2008
  4. liamjf

liamjf

Thanks but the Scanspeak 9500s are the TWEETERS, and I need new MIDS! Took some faffing about to get them back out - baby's bottle teat in the end! :)
    Anyone think they might be still OK? They sounded like crap with the domes pushed in but now not so sure...
    It does at least say they are 5"

Liam.

liamjf, Oct 27, 2008
  5. liamjf

Neil

Play things loud for a couple of hours - this can 'settle' the fabric a bit - then have a listen. Usually a crease or two is just cosmetic.

Neil, Oct 27, 2008
  6. liamjf

liamjf

Cheers Neil, I used the "teat" method on the second driver straight away and it was a lot more successfull. With a 1 year old baby things as 100% precision in driver units not quite as important as before.
    Also now not sure the mid driver is Scanspeak as the review only states the Tweeter and Bass units are Scanspeak and the mid is 5".

Liam.

liamjf, Oct 27, 2008
  7. liamjf

Tenson Moderator

I wouldn't worry about it. Its just the dust cap on the mid driver and if it has a little crease it shouldn't matter very much. The cone itself is okay, right? Give the drivers a gentle push back and forth a few times to their maximum movement to help settle the voice coil if it is out of alignment, then play some very loud music, as suggested.

Tenson, Oct 27, 2008
  8. liamjf

liamjf

Cheers, I think not worrying about it is the right option!

Liam.

liamjf, Oct 28, 2008
Ask a Question