Replacement for KEF Q55s

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Willofthepeople81, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Willofthepeople81

Willofthepeople81

Hi All

I’m new to this forum.

I’ve had a hifi system since my 21st birthday in 2002 which is still going strong. However I’ve recently moved house and decided I want some speakers that are less bulky.

it’s nothing special but I’ve had a marantz CD player and amplifier and KEF Q55 speakers.

To be honest, I’ve never liked the KEFs that much. I listen almost exclusively to classical and I’ve always found these speakers lack good treble. They have a strong mid-range but I find with classical you need a strong treble or the music sounds dull.

I am looking for a replacement sound system with some smaller speakers but I still want a big sound and crucially I want a really bright, aggressive, in your face treble frequency.

overall system costs somewhere between £1,000-£2,000.

any recommendations for replacement speakers that will satisfy what I am asking for?

I have heard some of the B&W models and they have a brighter treble that is more what I have in mind.

many thanks

Jonathan

Willofthepeople81, Jun 18, 2022
Ask a Question