Research Project on YouTube

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SJMcKenzie, Sep 6, 2009.

1. SJMcKenzie

SJMcKenzie

Hi folks,

I'm looking for people to take part in an online survey on the role of YouTube and other internet sites in promoting and also exploiting classical music.

http://www.unisa.edu.au/management/research/CITandClassicalMusic.asp

In particular, I want to learn more about popular attitudes to things like the remix and the video mash-up. A lot of responses so far indicate that people hate video remixes of classical music but they are growing in popularity and I'd like to understand the demographic that is creating and consuming them online.

I am looking specifically at classical music - so please only answer in regards to this - and I'm trying to understand the business implications for modern classical music of the creation of hybridized versions or remixes of original compositions.

I'd really appreciate it if interested members of this forum would go to the questionnaire site and take about ten minutes to answer the questions there. Please indicate where you saw this posted, as I'm putting it up in a range of forums.

Go to: http://www.unisa.edu.au/management/research/CITandClassicalMusic.asp

There's also a range of conditions you should scan through before participating. All your answers will be confidential when we publish results of the survey on the website in due course.

Thanks,
    Steve McKenzie

ps edit - I put this here because of the AV component. It seemed to fit better here than anywhere. If you want to put it down in the classifieds that's OK with me, but I'm not really selling anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2009
    SJMcKenzie, Sep 6, 2009
Ask a Question