Responding to posts

Discussion in 'Announcements, Suggestions and Feedback' started by Jeff Lee, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

You can't force people on this one, but I think it would be good manners to respond to members who reply to queries about e.g. equipment. I've noticed a few cases where a query has been posted and answers have been offered in good faith, perhaps including a follow-up query about whether this helps, or asking for a few more details. Then - nothing. A pity - makes you reluctant to contribute to threads. Any thoughts?

Jeff Lee, Jan 10, 2018
  2. Jeff Lee

Ian

Unfortunately, I don't think there's much that can be done - other than encouragement. The forum will normally send out an e-mail to let the member know that someone has replied (although some people will have opted out of this), so beyond that it's just hoping that someone has good manners. I'm sure that sometimes people just forget (or the e-mail goes to junk mail) though.

Ian, Jan 11, 2018
  3. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

Yes, I think you're right on this one. When I respond in future I might just make a point of mentioning it ever so nicely!

Thanks anyway.

Jeff Lee, Jan 11, 2018
  4. Jeff Lee

Sergeauckland

Although this thread is now 3 years old, I think it's worth reviving. I know there's less traffic on here than on some other forums, but nevertheless, good manners aren't dependent on volume.

Asking a question, getting answers, then silence is just bad form.

S

Sergeauckland, Jan 13, 2021
    Ian likes this.
  5. Jeff Lee

Ian

Yep, I agree - it's very frustrating to see when someone takes the time to respond to a question, and then no replies. I know sometimes it may take a little while for the OP to read it, but a total lack of reply isn't nice.

Ian, Jan 14, 2021
Ask a Question