Samsung BDP1000 blu ray (region free)

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Mr_Sukebe, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

For sale, my Samsung BDP1000 Blu Ray player.
    To my knowledge, probably the only BD player on the market that is region free for normal SD-DVDs. So this unit does play region 1 , 2 etc normal DVDs.
    It's a region B (Europe) player for Blu Ray disks (NOT region free), and has been flashed to the latest version.
    In great condition, comes boxed and still has the plastic cover over the LED on the front of th unit. The remote has hardly been used as I've a multi-unit remote that I use for everything.

Functionality includes HDMI output, 1080p output, 5.1 analogue outputs, upsampling for normal DVDs, memory card reader for JPGs.

Any questions, please ask.
    I'm in south London for anyone who wishes to collect. I'll include postage within the price.
    £160.

Mr_Sukebe, Mar 16, 2008
  2. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

As I have been asked a few questions, here we go:
    - I'm selling as I'm also a games player and will be replacing this with a PS3 as I really want to play Gran Turismo, as well as watch HD films
    - The unit outputs audio via HDMI (if you have an amp that can deal with it), and also coaxial and optical digital SPDIF outputs. Note that you won't get the full benefit of HD audio via the SPDIF outputs. What you will get instead is the HD audio downmixed to lowest compression DTS (1.5 times compression IIRC, which is MUCH better than say Dolby Digital). So even with an older non-HDMI capable AV amp, you'll get audio quality better than normal DVD.
    - The unit does automatically upscale normal DVD, and on a 50" Pioneer plasma I couldn't tell the difference between it and a Denon 3930 (both playing SD-DVD). I have a LOT of normal DVDs and wanted to see whether the comments about a high end DVD player would be worth adding a dedicated unit. Lets just say that I didn't.
    - I'm willing to post within Britain (England, Scotland and Wales)
    - Yes I'm happy to dem to anyone who collects

Mr_Sukebe, Mar 17, 2008
  3. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Bump: If I have no offers by Monday, this will be going on Ebay.

Mr_Sukebe, Mar 20, 2008
  4. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

After some more deliberations, we've decided to keep the unit for our spare room.

Thanks for the interest.
    Closed.

Mr_Sukebe, Mar 23, 2008
Ask a Question