Slowly gaining respect for classical music

Discussion in 'Classical Music' started by Lorddalron, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Lorddalron

Lorddalron

Hi guys,
    Im a long term Home cinema enthusiast but im slowly improving my cd collection of decent music to playback via 2ch analogue. Last couple of albums i got have been Flacs and the higher bit rate playback is definitely a vast improvement.

I have no idea on classical music but im looking to buy/download some new stuff to really show off my system as full orchestra music is excellent.

Can anybody tell me who composses the music in the following youtube video and give me a few ideas on albums to get.

I downloaded Robert Dougan's Furious Angels last night, his "will you follow me" is awesome.

All help much appreciated

Darren

Lorddalron, Feb 21, 2011
  2. Lorddalron

jazid

Sorry can't help but if you want god source material go to Linn's hi-rez downloads. I have some Mozart Symphonies by the Scottish Chamber Orchestra with Mackeras conducting (amongst others) and they are both fantastic music and beautifully recorded. Others here would be much better at pointing you to the kind of orchestral music that might show off your equipment better - I am thinking 19th Century stuff like Mahler, Beethoven, Berlioz et al, and I hope they chip in with sme good recommendations.

jazid, Mar 1, 2011
  3. Lorddalron

sabaugebenz

Nice system.

sabaugebenz, Dec 13, 2014
Ask a Question