small bedroom speakers needed to go with Sonos amp

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by dominicT, Jan 5, 2008.

1. dominicT

dominicT former member

Hi guys

I have been searching for some small speakers to place directly on a sideboard to use with my Sonos in a non-critical listening situation; they will be replacing a Tivoli radio so hifi is not what I am looking for!

They need to sound reasonably good though and be unobtrusive. I am finding that most small speakers come with an iPod dock - I do not need a doc as I have Sonos. I do not want a sub. It also seems impossible to get a demo so a helping hand would be appreciated.

Visually the Monitor Audio looks good and is about as large as I would go. I did manage to have a listen to the B&W LM1, it sounded good but was a little large. Maybe the M-1 would be better?

Thoughts please. Thanks D

dominicT, Jan 5, 2008
  2. dominicT

unclepuncle

In my living room I use a pair of Micropod SE (available in loads of different colours) with my Squeezebox 3 and Trends Audio amp and they look and sound great for non critical listening. I got them off Amazon for about £149 - I actually bought the set that includes an I-pod dock but just used the speakers.
    [​IMG]

unclepuncle, Jan 5, 2008
  3. dominicT

dominicT former member

I had forgotten about these speakers. Very cool looking and would suit the decor much better than the other choices. The distributor is near me so I will go and see them. Many thanks

dominicT, Jan 5, 2008
  4. dominicT

hifi addict

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had a listen to these at the Munich show. I'm thinking about having a pair for myself to go on the sideboard for the plasma thingy.

hifi addict, Jan 5, 2008
  5. dominicT

rollo

Hey dude whats shakin. Havn't seen ya around much.

rollo

rollo, Jan 5, 2008
Ask a Question