Sony Custom File feature on new CD player?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by alanterrill, Aug 5, 2008.

1. alanterrill

alanterrill

I've long had a Sony CDR-911E CD player which has a feature called 'Custom File' which I find indispensable. It enables you to program the tracks you like from a CD and then it enters those tracks into permanent memory, such that when you next put in a CD it recognizes it and omits those tracks you've programmed out. Unfortunately I've now filled up its 250CD capacity and maybe its time to replace it, as I'd like one which recognizes CD-RW's which this doesn't. Are there any modern CD players which have this function? Or are there any relatively recent models that I might pick up secondhand? Or are there more modern devices that do this under a completely different name? (and I do mean something that plays discs even if it is a DVD player, not just a hard disc I have to record to). Suggestions please.

alanterrill, Aug 5, 2008
  2. alanterrill

davidcotton prog rocker, proud of it!

Don't think there is, it was one of the things that I missed most after swopping out my old sony (years ago)that had the same function. Sadly the laser crapped out after repair,(something about the laser focussing mechanism collapsing in on itself)so looked around and had to settle for a marantz in the end. Not seen that function since!

davidcotton, Aug 9, 2008
  3. alanterrill

lbr monkey boy

ahem, ahem, iTunes, ahem.

Sorry ;)

lbr, Aug 9, 2008
Ask a Question