Speaker cable upgrade

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by lukecon, Dec 3, 2005.

1. lukecon

lukecon

Need help please have LEema Xaviers +QED silver ann. bi wirebought for previous less detailed speakers. Leema suggest512strandOFC for bass and312OFC forHF 2 10mtrs=£520.Any cheaper suggestions?Thanks Ian

lukecon, Dec 3, 2005
  2. lukecon

jtc

I've recently tried the Speltz "Anti-Cables" with cracking results - look for my 'First Impressions' topic. Cheap, much better than the Nordost Red Dawn I once had (arguably better than the SPM I once had, sad cable boy me) and easy to route (with caveats).

jtc, Dec 3, 2005
  3. lukecon

wolfgang

I think you need a new hobby. Audiophile cables are meant to be expensive due to the technology and research spend on them.

wolfgang, Dec 3, 2005
  4. lukecon

la toilette Downright stupid

You just made me spit beer all over my keyboard! Very good :D

la toilette, Dec 3, 2005
  5. lukecon

maddog 2

QED SA is bright, in my experience

Try Chord Co Rumour @ £10/m - good detail but smoother than the SA. Reasonable price too.

maddog 2, Dec 4, 2005
  6. lukecon

Decca

Spending your money on the acoustics of the room will probably yield bigger (better) sound improvements.

How about some Van Damme cable from £1.50 per meter upwards

Decca, Dec 4, 2005
  7. lukecon

amir

I think cables should be match to your system and i don't like to say nordost solar wind is better than cardas or mit is not as good as fadel art.
    some brands are not hifi like monster but among good hifi brands you should select the cable with best matching.
    i think these brands are good :

cardas
    mit
    fadel art
    audience au
    nordost
    chord
    kimber
    acoustic zen

amir, Dec 5, 2005
  8. lukecon

SnowDog

I have tried Chord, Van Damme and QED revelation recently and they all have different qualities and like Amir said, need to be matched to your amp(s). I think the roll-off point for quality vs hype is about 18 to 20 quid a meter. The QED revelation is the the best I have tried in my system which is valve pre and SS Power. I had an Arcam P85 with Van Damme and it was horrible but that same cable works brilliantly with my friend's system (Arcam Alpha 9).

Chord at £10 / meter (can't remember the name - Clearway??) is a good, neutral, all-rounder imho

SnowDog, May 28, 2018
Ask a Question