Speaker identification help

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by kenpoguy, Nov 12, 2019.

1. kenpoguy

kenpoguy

D372C7EA-22B8-41CE-A83C-ED5FE5E501BA.jpeg F014BABE-BAFA-418F-A908-1F75F92308A8.jpeg A9C9A681-FC5B-41F1-80C7-19C1600A4366.jpeg hi everyone! I recently picked up a couple pairs of speakers that have no identification on them at all. The speakers a vintage for sure, very heavy, and seem to be made of solid wood. The woofer surrounds are inverted and doped. The front edges of the cabinets are beveled. The guy I got them from stated “I think the name is pinna audio”, and I don’t know if I am spelling the name correctly, but I can not find that company anywhere. I need to identify these so I can try to replace the paper tweeters which have deteriorated. Please see attached pictures. Thank you.

kenpoguy, Nov 12, 2019
  2. kenpoguy

Dissily Mordentroge

A wild stab in the dark but I have a dim recollection of a European company called something like ‘Pinna (Pinea?) Zigmahorn who sold kit speakers. The ones you have do look like they’ve been assembled at home.

Dissily Mordentroge, Nov 13, 2019
    kenpoguy likes this.
  3. kenpoguy

kenpoguy

Thank you for the info, I didn't even think of the possibility of them being a kit! ill start focusing my research on vintage kits and see what I can dig up.

kenpoguy, Nov 13, 2019
Ask a Question