Speakers in series, series parallel or parallel

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by shade23, Mar 9, 2023.

1. shade23

shade23

I just picked up an old pair of church speakers. Each speaker is wired sloppy and appears to be wired differently from the other. All components are Pioneer. Each speaker consists of 4 PW-25F woofers, 2 PM-500 horns, 1 PT-100 tweeter along with a DN-30 Dividing Network. I am going to restore the cabinets and I want these to be really nice, but I want to make sure that they are wired correctly. I was thinking series parallel, but I would like to find a diagram. Any suggestions, thank you.

shade23, Mar 9, 2023
  2. shade23

Sergeauckland

Most crossovers are parallel, a few are series, but as far as rebuilding the 'speakers goes, you don't need to worry about this, just reconnect the individual drivers to the crossover. The driver connections should be labelled on the crossover, but if not, it shouldn't be difficult to trace the circuit as crossovers are seldom particularly complicated.

S

Sergeauckland, Mar 9, 2023
  3. shade23

shade23

Thank you, the two speakers were out of a church and I am sure were tied to an organ. The four Pioneer woofers were in the bottom cabinet and the tweeter and two horns are in the top cabinet. I was confused as to why the horns were mounted at such an angle in the cabinet but after looking I realized the cabinet was not wide enough and they had to mount them at an angle with the tweet wedged in between. I am also not sure that I need two horns. I am having fun with these speakers but there are so many variables that it gets pretty brain teasing. Thanks for your help and this forum.

shade23, Mar 12, 2023
Ask a Question