Sptify Deadly Slow on Local Files?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Tenson, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Tenson

Tenson Moderator

Has anyone else found this - since about a week ago (I think) playing local files has made Spotify respond super slow?

This is evident when changing the volume slider, skipping to a different part of the track, pressing pause.

Spotify was always slow to start if you had a large local library but now it actually responds slow too! Using streamed music it is fast as ever. Could this be an intentional move to encourage people to stream rather than use local files, so they can get revenue from 'plays' and advertising for non-premium users?

I'm quite disappointed. I want one application to integrate my large local collection and new streamed music. (It would be nice too, if the local files showed album art and the new in-built EQ had a couple of parametric options!)

Tenson, Oct 31, 2014
  2. Tenson

chrispy Quad fan

I have a large album collection on my Nas and have never managed to get Spotty to cope with it properly, I just deal with iTunes seperately as a higher quality source.

chrispy, Nov 2, 2014
  3. Tenson

Tenson Moderator

Sadly I don't think I'd play my local files if I had to run a separate program.

Tenson, Nov 2, 2014
  4. Tenson

chrispy Quad fan

Tbh I don't play local files much either, use Spotty most of the time as absolute sound quality isn't the be all and end all to me any more.

chrispy, Nov 2, 2014
Ask a Question