Steve Jobs R.I.P.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RobHolt, Oct 7, 2011.

1. RobHolt

RobHolt Moderator

[​IMG]

Thank you for some wonderful products and for putting affordable music into every pocket.

RobHolt, Oct 7, 2011
  2. RobHolt

Tenson Moderator

That picture freaks me out, but yes it's sad to see him go at a pretty young age really.

I happen to think a lot of Apple products are just designer pretty stuff with little function, but no one can knock how they bought music to so many people. Thanks for that :)

Tenson, Oct 7, 2011
  3. RobHolt

RobHolt Moderator

Apparently there is more to come. A batch of products to be released over the next few years that are part designed and waiting in the wings.
    The new iCloud due to launch in a few days look likely to seriously worry Spotify but with lots of extras. He pretty much drove that as his last project according to many of the obits doing the rounds.

RobHolt, Oct 7, 2011
  4. RobHolt

Neil

iSad

Neil, Oct 7, 2011
  5. RobHolt

Dev Moderator

Sad.

Dev, Oct 8, 2011
  6. RobHolt

Neil

He was a very interesting individual - the "Good Steve/Bad Steve" dichotomy and all that.

Neil, Oct 8, 2011
  7. RobHolt

Monstrous

How?

One is a service where you can listen to pretty much whatever music you want, wherever you want. Costs £9.99 a month.

The other is a service where you can only listen to your own music which you have to pay for and you must be able to stream it constantly - This is a big problem when most UK mobile companies only offer 500mb internet a month. Costs (say you have a decent smartphone, saving Spotify playlists for offline use up the wazoo - you'll be using 10gb+) £1-ish a month, plus £8.99 per album you have to buy to upload onto it.

Monstrous, Oct 13, 2011
  8. RobHolt

RobHolt Moderator

My mobile contract costs £35 a month with unlimited data and has enough speed for streaming. I don't think that is unusual these days.

I've used it to stream for many hours and it works fine with no extra charges, so 'unlimited' seems to be true.

RobHolt, Oct 14, 2011
Ask a Question