Swap: Audiophile Base 2 tier rack

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by chrisp, Jul 9, 2006.

1. chrisp

chrisp

What have you got? 3 tier rack needed, Quadraspire would be ideal.Photo's available on request.

chrisp, Jul 9, 2006
  2. chrisp

technobear Ursine Audiophile

Which Quadraspire?

The black ones are OK but I had one that was supposed to be cherry veneer. The tops and bottoms were veneered but they weren't cherry. They were stained. The stain was far too red and was badly applied as well. The edges of the shelves weren't even veneered. They were just stained MDF. If I had paid £50 in Argos then fair does but for the price of a Quadraspire, I was expecting something furniture-grade and was very disappointed. Caveat emptor.

technobear, Jul 9, 2006
  3. chrisp

chrisp

Cheers Chris, will take that on board.

chrisp, Jul 9, 2006
  4. chrisp

unclepuncle

Chris - might be interested in a straight purchase for the rack on it's own. I already have two base platforms which I currenly use under my amp + cd on a wooden a/v rack from Habitiat.

If your interested let me know what type and colour base and shelf you have (gap between the shelves etc - and if poss post a photo.

The base platforms by themselves fetch about £50-60 on ebay in excellent conditon.

Cheers

Paul

unclepuncle, Jul 9, 2006
  5. chrisp

chrisp

Hi Paul,
    take a look through this lot:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v316/supercapman/?start=0
    It's the latest version with 10mm threads.Condition I would put at 7 out of 10 as platforms have some marks.Don't have original packing but will be well packed. Postage would be around £15-20 make me an offer!

chrisp, Jul 12, 2006
  6. chrisp

unclepuncle

Thanks for the link to the pictures - nice cat:D

I already have two Base 01 platforms in mint condition so ideally I'd only want to buy the framework - I'm sure you could sell the platforms individually here or on ebay/hififorsale for around £40-60 each depending on condition - for anyone who uses a cheap rack with glass shelves, or puts their gear on a sideboard or window sill these platforms are great, much better than cones.

If you would be willing to just sell the framework then I'd be willing to offer £120 + postage (£10 or so hopefully).

unclepuncle, Jul 13, 2006
  7. chrisp

chrisp

Now Sold thanks.

chrisp, Jul 14, 2006
Ask a Question