Teac VRDS-10 Remote Control

Wanted: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by ListeningEar, May 10, 2005.

1. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

Hi there,

If anyone can help me in my quest to seek out a remote handset for my VRDS-10 that would be great. Owners manual list the model number of the remote as RC-481.

Any advice or pointers are greatly appreciated. :D

ListeningEar, May 10, 2005
  2. ListeningEar

Mr_Sukebe

I found it very difficult to source a VRDS handset, they're not even the same as standard Teac remotes.
    With my own, I ended up buying a cheapy "All in One" remote from RS, then calling All in One and getting them to give me an appropriate code. Took a couple of attempts, but worked in the end.
    If I didn't have a pretty damn good learning remote from Marantz, I'd be inclined to buy an All in One Chameleon and use that.

Mr_Sukebe, May 11, 2005
  3. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

Hi,
    Thanks for the message, do you remember which RS handset you purchased and what the appropriate code was?

I have a Teac V-5000 cassette deck which I use to copy any old tape material to my PC, I was surprised that Teac did not bother to at least make this remote operate their CD players too,...oh well!

ListeningEar, May 11, 2005
  4. ListeningEar

Mr_Sukebe

I can't remember the exact model, but it was certainly a cheapy All in One unit.

Mr_Sukebe, May 11, 2005
  5. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

Original Teac remote found for £10.00 ;)

ListeningEar, May 12, 2005
  6. ListeningEar

stickman

Would you care to share the details? I have an old P500 transport that's in need of a new remote so I can sell it.

stickman, May 14, 2005
  7. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

Hi Stickman,
    I also posted a wanted ad on HiFiForSale.com web site and received an email from a guy who still had his old remote from when his CD broke down. He scrapped the CD payer and fortunately for me kept the remote ;)

ListeningEar, May 15, 2005
Ask a Question