Technics SU-X911

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by dougr1, Jan 7, 2011.

1. dougr1

dougr1

HI guys new to forum
    I have a Technics SU-X911 with the right speaker channel that is not working.
    It was working ok last night went to use it today and nothing comes from right speaker I have changed speakers over but nothing comes from right channel I have removed cover and checked all fuses :confused:
    hope someone can help thanks Doug

dougr1, Jan 7, 2011
  2. dougr1

zanash

assume you have checked the right speaker cable and amp connection?

zanash, Jan 8, 2011
  3. dougr1

dougr1

Speaker channels

I have checked both speakers and renewed speaker cable incase there was a break. As I said if I put either speaker on the left channel then both speakers will work, it does appear that the right channel is down for whatever reason
    Thanks Doug:(

dougr1, Jan 9, 2011
  4. dougr1

dougr1

Is there anyone there that can help me as I don't seem to get anything back in answer to my question not even maybe a transistor No so and so. I would like someone to give me some sort of answer if they can thanks very much

dougr1, Jan 26, 2011
  5. dougr1

Sonusthree Coaxial Kid

Hi Doug, Diagnosing the problem with your amp will likely require tracing the signal from the pre-amp to the outputs with an oscilloscope. Do you have one?

Specific advice is not necessarily possible here. Quite often with amplifiers the output transistors (The larger ones on the heatsink) fail but also take out other components around them that mean replacing the transistors alone may cause them to fail again.

If you are really determined to fix this yourself then I would recommend looking up generic amplifier repair guides and finding your amp's service manual would be helpful too.

Sonusthree, Jan 27, 2011
Ask a Question