The Best and Worst Drivers by the Signs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dev, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Dev

Dev Moderator

2. Dev

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I've started driving lessons. Had my fifth one today. Nearly managed to mow a few kiddies down on a zebra crossing.

Maybe it's down to my star sign?

MO!, Jan 31, 2006
  3. Dev

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I still not passed my test and I started learning in 1999!! Although I have not driven since Feb 2003.

I once nearly crashed into a double decker bus, I wanted to say "its ok, to die by your side is a heavenly place to die" I don't think he would have understood the joke though :p

This was on Wilmslow Road in Manchester, anybody that knows manc will know what how easy it is to nearly crash into a bus down there!

amazingtrade, Jan 31, 2006
  4. Dev

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

He he - I sideswiped a bus that had to stop suddenly once. It had been raining, my brakes were stock, and the bus had to emergency-stop due to trouble further up the road. I whacked on the brakes, aquaplaned, and ended up bumping and grinding along the side of the bus, and narrowly avoided losing a leg under the wheel! The bike stayed up and I didn't fall off, so that was lucky :)

This describes my cycling perfectly, though barring the bus incident aforementioned, I've not had an accident yet. Mind you, some twonk decided to turn left without indicating yesterday while I had right of way, and then had the audacity to honk. Tosser.

domfjbrown, Feb 1, 2006
  5. Dev

mr cat Member of the month

I was once overtaking a bus whilst going around a gentle corner (when I was about 15 years old) - but the bus managed to go over my back wheel...!! :eek:

mr cat, Feb 1, 2006
  6. Dev

julian2002 Muper Soderator

i must say that some cyclists behaviour on the roads is suicidal though - just pulling out of side turnings or on to roundabouts without stopping or even looking in the direction of flowing traffic. i now ride a bike and therefore have a modicum of empathy with cyclists however these twunts need to have their heads examined.
    my other pet peeve at the moment is people cutting blind corners on country lanes, the number of times i've come round a corner and had to brake sharply is getting boring all because some idiot can;t be bothered to back off or turn the steering wheel a bit more.

cheers

julian.

julian2002, Feb 1, 2006
  7. Dev

midlifecrisis Firm member

when I'm driving a car I loathe cyclists. when I am cycling I am appalled by car drivers. the only constant is that I am always right.....;)

midlifecrisis, Feb 1, 2006
  8. Dev

RickyC

He-he I'm a Scorpio and my wife is Gemini!

Cheers

Rich

PS Its clearly all bollocks though as she is a far safer driver than me. - Still worth a wind up though.......

RickyC, Feb 1, 2006
Ask a Question