The Industrial

Discussion in 'General Music' started by jabarimark55, Feb 10, 2011.

1. jabarimark55

jabarimark55

Ah, that harmonious atonality that is Industrial music. What can I say? I first heard of Industrial through long internet searches during my young and impressionable high school years, especially since I was curious as to how Industrial rock and plain old Industrial were related; the descriptions I read, at the time, seemed to imply vast differences. Throbbing Gristle was my first taste of Industrial, and at first, I couldn't even comprehend why anyone would listen to this. After doing some more research (especially after reading the lyrics and their respective meanings), I realized I hadn't quite adjusted my paradigm enough to fully appreciate their music. The song Hamburger Lady changed my preconceptions; still haunts me to this day. I'm just getting into Whitehouse after first previewing them on youtube. Acquired taste doesn't even begin to describe Industrial's chaos, but once you've refined your listening palate, it's a genre that stays with you lifelong.

jabarimark55, Feb 10, 2011
  2. jabarimark55

Pete The Cat

Mind you it's a broad label as with many other genres. I really love Nine Inch Nails who had the tag for a while, but I myself wouldn't label them as "industrial" when you consider all their (his) work...

Pete

Pete The Cat, Feb 10, 2011
  3. jabarimark55

Pete The Cat

...thinking about it the best industrial gig I recall was an MRI scan on my head. So loud I had to wear ear defenders, bass like it was being generated by the earth's core and an electronic rhythm driven by magnetic resonance. An experience.

Pete

Pete The Cat, Feb 13, 2011
Ask a Question