Thomas Schick 12in tonearm

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by monty99, May 27, 2010.

1. monty99

monty99

Thinking of making some changes to my vinyl setup, so first up is my Thomas Schick 12in tonearm. This is the 'G' version for standard SPU G/SME headshell geometry, as used on my Shindo-copy plinth, with my Koetsu Rosewood Signature.

Less than a year old, this one has the extra counterweight (normal plus the heavy one for SPU), and the silver tonearm wire upgrade (it's wired straight through from the head). It comes with a Sumiko headshell but for extra ££ I might be tempted to part with my Koetsu headshell (heavy weight and ideal for medium to low compliance cartridges) as I'm unlikely to need it if I sell the arm ... the wooden box is available and it's in great condition, a few small marks on the finish of the stainless tube where the grub screw goes in to tighten the counterweight but that's about it.

This tonearm needs no introduction and was recently subject of a rave review in Stereophile. It's basically a copy of a vintage Ortofon arm designed for SPU use, with an up-to-date bearing to vanishingly high tolerances.

http://www.stereophile.com/artdudleylistening/listening_87/
    http://www.thomas-schick.com/arm01.htm

The waiting list is currently six months and the arm with the wiring upgrade and extra brass counterweight costs around £1250. I'm checking interest at £850 so I can work out my sums on something else (and I'm having to up the stakes significantly to get an improvement).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010
    monty99, May 27, 2010
  2. monty99

mighty ant

Blast you Monty, can't afford it at the mo. Why you selling? Looks a simple arm, but by golly it delivers the goods, especially with an Ortfon SPU.

Good luck with the sale.

mighty ant, May 28, 2010
  3. monty99

monty99

deal fell through so available again

monty99, Jul 9, 2010
  4. monty99

UK Duty Paid

Stunning looking plinth on that deck !!!

UK Duty Paid, Jul 10, 2010
  5. monty99

franvlad

Hi monty, maybe a long shot but are you still selling Schick arm? please let me know, cheers, franvlad

franvlad, Jun 23, 2011
  6. monty99

monty99

long long gone .....

monty99, Jun 24, 2011
  7. monty99

franvlad

ok, damn shame but thanks for the reply

franvlad, Jun 24, 2011
Ask a Question