Thule PR350B AV processor (with 5.1 bypass)

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Mr_Sukebe, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

For sale, my Thule PR350B AV processor.

Thule are a famous Danish hi-fi manufacturer and this was their last AV processor prior to them folding (I believe in 2005).

It's a full on legacy AV processor that retailed at $5000 in the states.
    As a starting point, it's a pretty damn good pre-amp, with both 5.1 single and XLR stereo balanced analogue inputs. It does have four additional stereo inputs, those are digitised to allow functionality like bass control.
    It also includes 4 coaxial and 2 optical SPDIF inputs. Outputs include balanced front stereo, and 6.1 single ended, along with a tape out, digital output and additional zone. I can't say I really looked into the additional zone functionality and RS232 connectors, but it does have them.
    Setup is completed via a very easy on screen display.
    The functionality once setup is dead easy. Has a lovely high quality rotary volume, and you chose the input. Job done.

In use, as a stereo pre-amp, it's pretty damn good. I owned a PR250b prior to this and used it with some other high quality gear where it certainly didn't embarrass itself.
    Being a processor, it does mean that it can be used as a stereo DAC, and it's basically very good. I did compare my old PR250b to the SB+ I owned at the time, and just preferred the PR250b acting as a DAC. The newer 350b has a higher quality innards and should in theory have the edge. Again, I didn't have the opportunity to compare, so I'm guessing on that.

As an AV processor, well it's a legacy unit and can deal with Dolby Digital, DTS and DPL2. In addition it has a 5.1 analogue input, meaning that it could be used with a BD player with a 5.1 analogue output, resulting a lovely cheap way to get high quality stereo, DD, DTS AND hires audio.

It comes in it's original box, with a power lead, print of the online available PDF and remote control. I haven't put any photos up as yet, but am happy to do so. It's in good cosmetic condition.
    The only things to be aware of are that it's a Euro-model, so in theory should be used with 230v. Not had a problem with the mains where I live in south London (Sutton area), but I need to mention it.

I'd prefer collection, and am happy to dem to anyone who collects, including a run down on how to set it up (it's a processor, therefore far more complex than most bits by default).

If you do wish for me to post, the cost will be £15 and I'm willing to post to England, Scotland or Wales. Please don't ask if you're outside of those countries.

Looking for £255.

Any questions, please ask.

Mr_Sukebe, Oct 29, 2010
  2. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Price reduced to £245.

Mr_Sukebe, Oct 30, 2010
  3. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Price reduced to £235.

Mr_Sukebe, Oct 31, 2010
  4. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Here's a pic of the actual unit:

[​IMG]

If anyone wants additional photos, do ask.

Mr_Sukebe, Nov 1, 2010
  5. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Price reduced to £225. This really is a steal at this price. Even if it wasn't an AV processor, it'll murder most stereo DACs around that price.

Mr_Sukebe, Nov 2, 2010
  6. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Still for sale, price reduced to £215.

Mr_Sukebe, Nov 3, 2010
  7. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

This evening I tested out the additional channels. With DPL material (i.e. TV from my PS3/playTV), there was nothing on the centre rear or SSL/SSR channels.
    However, give it a DD signal from an SD-DVD and sure enough, not only does it play 6.1, but also then adds the 2 additional channels. Now I'm assuming that they're not discrete channels, but are matrixed. However, does mean that this amp is actually capable of 8.1. How cool is that. My thanks for the question Pierre, wouldn't have known otherwise.

Mr_Sukebe, Nov 4, 2010
  8. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Price reduced to £205. Surely a brilliant early Xmas pressie for someone on here.

Mr_Sukebe, Nov 5, 2010
  9. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Final price reduction to £195. If this doesn't sell by Monday evening at that price, it'll be going on the Bay.

Mr_Sukebe, Nov 6, 2010
  10. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Sold.

Mr_Sukebe, Nov 7, 2010
Ask a Question