Topsy-turvy housing makes a splash in Salford

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by auric, Apr 8, 2006.

1. auric

auric FOSS

The Guardian has a story about;
    I think we have a few members in that part of the world and I was wondering if anyone has been along to see them or indeed queued and managed to purchase one.
    Any comments?

auric, Apr 8, 2006
  2. auric

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

I owned a 2 bed Urban Splash apartment right in the centre of Liverpool for a few years. A really nice light, bright well thought out place. Certain quality aspects could have been better, for instance the sound deadening was pretty poor and you could often hear the folks above, but overall the design was excellent. I really enjoyed living there and in the space of 3 years had more than doubled my cash so a damn good investment too.

Tony.

TonyL, Apr 8, 2006
  3. auric

Bob McC living the life of Riley

The cheapest ones in Salford were 100K and there were only a handful of those available when they went on sale. Mostly they were from 130K upwards. Nobody will be doubling their money in 3 years in that part of Salford believe me!

Bob McC, Apr 8, 2006
  4. auric

auric FOSS

Yes, Tony they sure seem to be grabbing and developing a good few PrimeLocations and some might be more suited for hardened buy to let developers rather than first time buyers but what do you expect from a company that has a Flash Only Site?

auric, Apr 8, 2006
  5. auric

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

As the old saying goes you're better off living in the worst house in the best street rather than the other way round.

The problem with these areas is they tend to have little facilities because the chavs have seen them all off, however small businesses may develop in these run down areas as the new population starts to develop.

There are similar developments in Beswick and I think that is probably a better location.

I personaly would not pay £100k for a property in that part of Salford at the moment.

amazingtrade, Apr 8, 2006
Ask a Question