Trichord Digital Turntable/Micromega DAC 2

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by rcook, Nov 20, 2008.

1. rcook

rcook

I have for sale the following CD Transport and DAC :

Trichord Digital Turntable, a rare and superb CD transport based on the Pioneer 'Stable Platter' mechanism. This one has been modified by Trichord themselves, with an updated digital output board, and Never Connected power supplies to this and the Clock (which is a Trichord Clock 2). Excellent condition, good working order in original box. Coaxial, BNC and XLR outputs (no optical). Owned by me over 8 years. Was £1000 new, with mods costing around £500 3 years ago

Micromega DAC 2. Again a rare item which sounds excellent, it is a bitstream DAC (s/n 22 !), owned by me since 1998, was £750 when new. Originally intended to partner the Micromega Drive 1, 2, and 3 as part of the 'Stage' series of players. Optical, XLR and coaxial inputs

Both are boxed and in excellent condition. This combination make superb music together.

Note - A dealer is advertising a Trichord Digital Turntable (unmodified) for £395, so this is a bit of a steal These two make a brilliant combination which I had to buy a Wadia transport (£5K new) and £2k Musical Fidelity upsampling/valve output DAC (and Chord Signature Digital i/c) to better.

This really is a fantastic sounding combo which must be heard.
    The price (firm) is either :
    £400 to include a 1M Cardas AES/EBU XLR Digital interconnect (this alone was £220 new), or £350 with a 0.5M Chord Chorus XLR cable. Demo is a pleasure

Photos on request. Please PM in the first instance, Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2008
    rcook, Nov 20, 2008
  2. rcook

rcook

Bump. This is a top combination, audition thoroughly recommended, and a steal at the price

rcook, Dec 5, 2008
  3. rcook

rcook

DAC and cable now sold. Who will give me £300 for the Trichord transport ? You will be hard pressed to do better for the money

rcook, Dec 10, 2008
  4. rcook

rcook

Transport now sold

rcook, Dec 13, 2008
Ask a Question