TT power supply & phono stage

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by harrygrey382, Dec 7, 2006.

1. harrygrey382

harrygrey382

Just bought an Ariston Q Deck. It didn't come with a power supply. I'm about to go down to Maplins and buy one. However, I thought I'd just double check this isn't a big no no.

The manual states 12-15V, 350mA. I thought I'd just get a 12V 500mA AC-DC adaptor. How critical is the power supply? I know it governs the speed of the motor a bit, and I could probably fork out a supply for the cost of my car. But am I going to suffer much buying a cheapo?

I'm also looking for a phono stage. Thinking of NAD PP1, NAD PP2, project phonobox or gramamp 1. Any thoughts (budget of <£50)? Is the PP2 much better than the PP1 (TNT wasn't enthralled by the PP1).

To put in in perspective, the system it'll go into is passive linstage (DIY, about to be built round a blue alps pot), Quad 306 amp, Tannoy 15" Monitor Golds (about to rebuild cabs).
    Thanks
    Harry

harrygrey382, Dec 7, 2006
  2. harrygrey382

yahoodie elbow valves,mmm loverly

Hi, i have no experience with those phono stages, sorry. Speak to uncle ants regarding the power supply, he may be able to provide a heed orbit :) top peice of kit, and the mains supply is rock solid.

yahoodie elbow, Dec 7, 2006
  3. harrygrey382

harrygrey382

ok, how do i get onto uncle ants?

harrygrey382, Dec 7, 2006
  4. harrygrey382

Dev Moderator

Send him a PM. He's a member here.

Dev, Dec 7, 2006
  5. harrygrey382

nando nando

project phono stages are absolutly super on both m.m. or m.c. at any level, nando.

nando, Dec 7, 2006
Ask a Question