Tube Technology gone bust ????

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by CrustyBoy, Nov 11, 2006.

1. CrustyBoy

CrustyBoy

I own a Tube Technology Unisis amplifier and I love it. But one of the transformers blew and I sent it back for repair. They have now had it now over 8 months!!! I was in contact with them by phone (had numerous excuses as to why its not been repaired) - but now all correspondence has dried up - phone not answered, letters not replied to. I've even sent registered letters serving legal action - but the letters havent been signed for. I know the owner of the company had a bereavement a few months ago...

Anyone got any info, or in a similar situation to me .....?

CrustyBoy, Nov 11, 2006
  2. CrustyBoy

yahoodie elbow valves,mmm loverly

The company did close for trading after the death of his wife, understandably so, but is now up and running again i think.? I`ve always found Zia obliging and very courteous, have you got the address and phone numbers correct?

yahoodie elbow, Nov 12, 2006
  3. CrustyBoy

CrustyBoy

Yes I've got 2 addresses and the correct phone number. One address is in Walton-on-Thames Surrey, and one in Carnethenshire Wales - where I believe their repair centre is. Any correspondence (phone or letter) disappears into a black hole. Very frustrating...
    I'd be happy just for them to return it to me unrepaired - so I could take it somewhere else....but as they wont reply, this is impossible too.

CrustyBoy, Nov 12, 2006
  4. CrustyBoy

nando nando

I USED TO WORK WITH ZIA, i know that jackie was his soul and insperation, the loss was very much affected and felt by all of us,i do have a service work shop for almost all vintage and new upgrades for current equipment, i will be in contact with zia hopefully tuesday coming, if you wish i will give him your details, regards nando.

nando, Nov 12, 2006
  5. CrustyBoy

CrustyBoy

Thanks nando. I've sent you a private message with info.

CrustyBoy, Nov 13, 2006
  6. CrustyBoy

revs

Hi, if anyone is having problems contacting with Zia, you can PM me, I speak to him regularly.

revs, Nov 18, 2006
  7. CrustyBoy

jan alm

TT Zia

I am trying to get in contact with Zia. I have a TT Synergy and has blown one of the fuses for the EL34 tubes. I was in contact with Zia in august and he promised me to send a fuse and instructions how to replace it. In spite of e-mails - phone calls etc have not recieved any reply - could Revs help me ?.
    I am living in Stockholm.

jan alm, Jan 18, 2007
  8. CrustyBoy

zanash

You need to find the cause of the fuse blowing ...other wise it may just blow the new fuse...sorry if you know this.

If you can I'd get the tubes checked over as a matter of course ..your local tube supplier should have the right gear ...

zanash, Jan 19, 2007
  9. CrustyBoy

nando nando

hi the fuse witch is internal it will take someone who can dismatle the amp, if you can not get in touch with zia, the only person i know is tim from E.A.R., as you know i am also trying to get in touch with him but to no avail, regards nando.p.s. did you get a bias meter with the amp ?

nando, Jan 20, 2007
  10. CrustyBoy

jan alm

Tube fault.

I broke the tube base when trying to switch it. I have dismanteled the amplifier (and put it together again) but I could not find any fuses - or perhaps this fuses looks different.

jan alm, Jan 22, 2007
  11. CrustyBoy

nando nando

hi they are not your normal "looking" fuses, i will try to find one of the circuit diagrams and e-mail them or send them to you,regards nando.

nando, Jan 25, 2007
  12. CrustyBoy

nando nando

hi spoke to sia this weekend, company is still going and he is doing well personally, contact him on his website phone number, regards nando.

nando, Jan 30, 2007
  13. CrustyBoy

Ted Brown

Hi I own a tube technology unisis power amp and sear preamp which has some damaged components
    so are chasing a wiring schematic if anyone knows where to get one would be much apreciated
    Have sent email to TT website no reply as yet Cheers Ted

Ted Brown, Oct 23, 2017
Ask a Question