USB use

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Bellringer, Nov 8, 2023.

1. Bellringer

Bellringer

I have little knowledge of hi fi technicalities. I see some turntables have a USB facility. Can that be used for recording any LP track or tracks onto a stick enabling playback from the stick in any compatible device? If so, do any such turntables have an inbuilt facility for deleting scratch and blip sounds from the LP to prevent them being recorded on the stick?

Bellringer, Nov 8, 2023
  2. Bellringer

Sergeauckland

No, I don't know of any turntable with USB output that includes any software for noise reduction. That needs a degree of computing power that these turntables just don't have.

Whether these turntables can support a USB stick I think is also doubtful, they're designed to go into a PC for recording, then editing on the PC.

Although these all-in-one USB turntables may be convenient, they seldom are very good, and if you're going to be doing a lot of digitising LPs, you will get far better performance from a good conventional turntable into a conventional phono stage and recording interface and PC.

Even with free software like Audacity, very good results can be done on a budget.

S.

Sergeauckland, Nov 14, 2023
  3. Bellringer

Bellringer

Thank you very much for this information. It gives me a new aspect on my researches on what to buy. Those continue and I will be looking at other items in view of what you have said.

Bellringer, Nov 15, 2023
Ask a Question