Valves - MELODY SP9 - Unison S2k experiences..??

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Mikesand, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Mikesand

Mikesand

First post - so a call for some wisdom.

I going to move to valves and will do so via s/hand or ex/demo as can trade in if need be without a big loss.

Found a Melody SP9 (and will try and hear it) but has anyone else ? For a newbie the do i worry about manual bais ?

Or there is a Unison S2k ....all that Italian style but what about the sounds...?

Then there is Consonance...

All around the same cost - but no time to go and visit all of them!

Opinions...?

Mikesand, Mar 28, 2009
  2. Mikesand

Tim F

Not sure of that lot but I run Audion Silver Night's in my smaller system. These can be wonderful when you put high quality input valves in them. Well worth a listen.

Tim

Tim F, Mar 29, 2009
  3. Mikesand

Haselsh1 Shaun H

A serious word of warning...!!!
    Do not buy cheap and do not buy Chinese...!!! You may well live to regret it as I did...!​

Haselsh1, Mar 29, 2009
  4. Mikesand

Knotty

Consonance

I have just got one of the Cyber Signature 10's - and have nothing but praise for it. I have owned some serious valve amps costing up to 4x what this goes for and I would say it is up there as an overall package - don't get me wrong its not perfect, but it certainly does lots of things very well.

I could recommend a CR Developments Romulus that is on sale at Audiolincs aswell, I have nothing to do with them BTW, but this is a great little amp awsell for a first foray into valves.

Knotty, Mar 30, 2009
Ask a Question