Vintage Audio Gear for Sale

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by MHW, Mar 20, 2009.

1. MHW

MHW

Hello, everyone. This is a first post from an ex-pat living in Canada. I'm back in the UK to deal with the estate of my late father, which includes the following:

Thorens TD150 MkI
    Armstrong 425 tuner/amp
    Wharfedale Super Linton speakers
    JVC TD-X321 cassette deck

He never owned more than a couple of dozen LPs in total, so although his equipment is old, it is very lightly used.

The Thorens is sound, but suffers from a crack in the lid where something must have fallen on it, and the damper on the arm needs attention (the lever still works, of course). The spindle bearing still shows oil and I can't detect any rumble.

The Armstrong was a solid performer, albeit a little unusual in appearance perhaps. There's a little crackle in the volume control, but I'd guess that a squirt of switch cleaner will deal with that.

The Lintons are the usual mid-quality two-ways well suited to the typical British living room. They have a few small nicks and scratches, but are really very good and would polish up very well.

The tape deck was a later addition, so I'm not familiar with it. It appears to be a decent quality unit.

I'm open to offers, preferably for the whole lot although I am prepared to sell individually. I'd prefer not to have to ship unless absolutely necessary. The equipment is located in Northants and may be seen (and heard) there until the end of next week. I can email a couple of photographs to anyone interested. Thanks,

Martyn

MHW, Mar 20, 2009
  2. MHW

MHW

Hello again.

The Thorens is now sold. No reasonable offers refused for the remaining components...

MHW, Mar 23, 2009
Ask a Question