Vintage Tannoys

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Dev, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Dev

la toilette Downright stupid

I sold the DMT's as the wooden cabs in which my 12" Golds reside is more popular with the family than the DMT grey/plastic. I was struggling to choose between the two pairs tbh and could happily live with either as they're both great, if slightly different in character.

la toilette, Dec 20, 2008
  2. Dev

fatmarley

I'm still really enjoying mine (lovely mids) but would like a little more depth.

fatmarley, Dec 20, 2008
  3. Dev

fraser

I`m new here and a bit of a latecomer to this thread but would love to get some of Rob Holts grille cloth for my LGM cabinet project.Could anyone let me know exactly what the stuff is ( the oaty stuff) and where I could get hold of some?
    Cooky is an old friend from college who started me off on my 20yr love affair with the Tannoys - his Arundels were like heroin.He always was an old tart though and has had many others since then whereas I`ve stayed faithful to my Little Gs.It`s great that you`re still on good terms with the old ones eh Frank - they`re even allowed to sleep in your hall!. One day I`ll move to a bigger house where I`ll either build Edinburghs or get some proper 15s but till then Frank has done the calcs for me to do some 100L tall thinnies for my LGMs and that cloth will help them blend into my room and hopefully into the wifes affections.I currently have a piece of cardboard against the baffle on my standmounted LGs with the grille in place and am waiting for her to notice!The longer they`re stood there without her noticing the closer I am to closing to the deal!
    Any help or advice gratefully received.
    Regards for now.
    Fraser

fraser, Jan 4, 2009
  4. Dev

nando nando

i still have in storage 3x pairs of cheviot's mk11, spoke to roger at lockwood audio as they need re-coning, no problem i will get them done they are all teak, one pair is in beautifful condition the other two i am going to open the boxe's and see, once done i will put them up for sale, memories are made of these,
    nando.

nando, Jan 4, 2009
  5. Dev

cooky1257

What veneer Fray? I'll see if I can track down some oatmeal grill cloth-have you asked Tannoy?
    F

cooky1257, Jan 7, 2009
  6. Dev

fraser

I`m either going Maple ( more than likely) or Cherry but I may still get a pro spray paint job quote too - last time I got a quote for a piece of furniture it was v expensive though so that`s prob a no go.
    If I can achieve a similar taller feel to RobHolts LGMS I`ll be well chuffed.
    Can`t wait to start them now - small matter of my accounts to finish first and the new baby arrival which is due any mo.
    Will keep you posted.
    Fraser

fraser, Jan 8, 2009
  7. Dev

Dev Moderator

Rob may not have seen your post. Try sending him a PM.

Dev, Jan 8, 2009
  8. Dev

fraser

Have done - mind you it`s easy not to notice when you`ve got a PM.

fraser, Jan 8, 2009
  9. Dev

Dev Moderator

There is an option to receive an email notification. I guess some people don't use it. Of course Rob might just be busy/away:).

Dev, Jan 8, 2009
  10. Dev

Tenson Moderator

PM him on Pink Fish.

Tenson, Jan 8, 2009
  11. Dev

fraser

Tenson - cheers for the suggestion -what is his user name on PF - when I start to put his name in the private message recipient box (as it is here) a list of robs pops up but he`s not on it.
    Cheers for any help.
    Fraser

fraser, Jan 8, 2009
  12. Dev

Tenson Moderator

Its just 'Robert'

Tenson, Jan 8, 2009
  13. Dev

SMEagol Because we wants it...

SMEagol, Jan 23, 2009
  14. Dev

Tenson Moderator