Wbt Nextgen Silver Rca Sockets.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by sq225917, Sep 16, 2008.

1. sq225917

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

I'm always keen to mention whenever i find a product that really does offer exceptional value and performance for the money, it makes me even happier when i get service and back up from the supplier that makes me happy to have purchased.

Sadly despite spending £90 on two Silver WBT Nextgen RCA sockets to replace the standard units on the back of my cd player, i didn't get this.

It would have been ok that they didn't make a damn bit of difference to the sound, as promised and hinted at by countless adverts and reviews, if they had managed to stay in one piece for any decent amount of time.

But not to worry, I'm sure Russ Andrews who i purchased them from will be keen to respond to my requests for support. No i was wrong, they didn't even reply.

The importer replied to my emails, he couldn't find any replacement lock-rings that wouldn't melt and fail under a finger tight load, before he went on holiday. To his credit he did email me after he returned, several weeks later to tell me he was still on the case.

Sadly that was 4 weeks ago and the RCA sockets are 'hanging' out the back of my cd player case no longer.

They've been replaced by solid silver CMC RCA sockets that were a third of the price, look to be much better built, and have a service dept that said they would send me a set of lock-rings FOC should they ever fail.

Boutique parts manufacturers, **** em.

sq225917, Sep 16, 2008
  2. sq225917

hifi addict

I have this trouble before. You need to get the standard metal locking rings to go on them.

hifi addict, Sep 17, 2008
  3. sq225917

YNMOAN Trade - AudioFlat

This is pathetic - components at these exalted prices just should not fail in this manner. Being ignored by Russ Andrews who you bought them off is completely inexcusable and the lazy response of the importer is pathetic.

I guarantee I will not be buying any next-gen connectors (expensive crap)
    I guarantee I will not be dealing with Russ Andrews - obviously too busy selling bullshit components to give a toss.
    As such I won't have to deal with any bone idle distributors who spend half their life on bloody holiday.

YNMOAN, Sep 17, 2008
  4. sq225917

Corruption

I received a Russ Andrews catalogue in the post yesterday and spent 30 minutes with a bewildered look on my face as I went from page to page of increasingly expensive "upgrades" to a hi-fi system - most of which cost in the same region as the components in my system.

By the time I've purchased mains conditioners, brass earthing rods and "next-gen" speaker cable connectors/interconnects I'll have nothing left to buy a house to plug it all in....

No snake oil for me thanks!

Corruption, Sep 17, 2008
  5. sq225917

dinamanu

I dont want a brass rca in the signal path ,cmc or vampire ofc at 27$ pair in canada are good alternative.....

dinamanu, Sep 17, 2008
  6. sq225917

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

hifi addict, i do wnat the standard metal lockrings, but they weren't standard with my £90 purchase and haven't been forthcoming from the distributor, who is obviously too busy getting ready to ream people this weekend.

Hopefully he'll have a spare set if he's at Heathrow tomorrow, i'll be sure to ask him...

sq225917, Sep 19, 2008
  7. sq225917

larkrise Sheepdogs prefer red wine

CMC FAAAAR superior. A friend in Greece got me to send him some - so impressed was he, that his hi-fi club friends are setting about changing all their sockets to CMC. And re sound - these do make a difference with the right connections.

larkrise, Sep 19, 2008
Ask a Question