WHAT'S LEFT - selling up! PICS ADDED!!!!

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by SMEagol, Feb 29, 2008.

1. SMEagol

SMEagol Because we wants it...

Whole system sale. :D:D:D

YOWZER... I've decide to keep my vinyl rig SO, WHATS LEFT YOU ASK....>>>

• Revox B261 FM tuner REDUCED £350
    Astonishing build, like a tank - have Wogan in your lounge (new price in >>>1980's £800!!!) post £20

• Audio physic Luna sub (adds seismic refined bass to ANYTHING) REDUCED £500 (£1300) £50 SUB CABLE FREE!
    postage £25

email: [email protected] or PM me for detailed answers.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2008
    SMEagol, Feb 29, 2008
  2. SMEagol

Koi KOI

Hi

I will have the nordost mains lead if you decide to sell seperately

Regards Steve

Koi, Mar 1, 2008
  3. SMEagol

Neil

If splitting I'd be very interested in the Grado's and headphone amp. Good luck with the sale.

Neil, Mar 1, 2008
  4. SMEagol

Bertoni

Hi
    I'd be interested in the Whest phono stage and headphone amp and headphones. What make is the headphone amp?
    Thanks

Bertoni, Mar 2, 2008
  5. SMEagol

Thanks all for the interest guys, a few pms have been sent.
    I WILL sell this stuff separately. I have not thought about postage, but this will be at cost or less. The speakers would require an estate realistically. Too fragile to post.

I've been away for a couple of days so sorry for not getting back. The headphone amp is a little dot II, and for the money totally rocks. You might want to switch the valves out which I believe can further enhance the sound of this. They are mullards at the mo.

Post will just be a tenner

Bertoni, if Neil doesnt want this, its yours.

The phono stage, you asked for is yours if you like, just add a tenner post.

Koi, the vishnu is for sale if you want.

[email protected] for paypal payments.

SMEagol, Mar 2, 2008
  6. SMEagol

Grado's and Headphone Amp NOW SOLD.

Thanks Neil.

SMEagol, Mar 3, 2008
  7. SMEagol

Bertoni

Hi
    What condition is the Whest 2 in? Does it come with original packaging and manual? Also, does it come with the cables and power supply?
    Thanks for your help. By the way, how did you find it's performance? As good as they say it is?

Bertoni, Mar 3, 2008
  8. SMEagol

Yes, this is one of the smaller items so I do have the original packing. I'm very fastidious and its in great condition, like new really. I can confirm its as good as they say! I've tried it next to a fully modded dino with the advanced psu and interconnect, and versus a 47 labs shigariki 4718, and I preferred the sound to either. It comes with its own psu, I don't think it came with an interconnect, even if it did I'd recommend an upgrade from the starter RCA lead, I've not used it - if I didn't chances are there was a good reason.

Cheers

Chris

SMEagol, Mar 3, 2008
  9. SMEagol

stickman

Ygpm

stickman, Mar 4, 2008
  10. SMEagol

larkrise Sheepdogs prefer red wine

Chris I'll take the Whest - pm sent

larkrise, Mar 4, 2008
  11. SMEagol

alphatoner

Chris

What arm is on the M1?

Cheers

Ian

alphatoner, Mar 4, 2008
  12. SMEagol

Hi Ian, thanks for asking.

Its the SME M2, some have speculated in terms of performance its right up there with the SME IV - equal, some say better in some aspects, a tiny bit worse in others - and was probably typical SME exceeding the brief they were set. I'm not talking out of my hat here, there is plenty out there on the net about this arm. For a price point of about £600 its nothing short of stunning. The SME M2 was originally developed specifically for the MF M1 turntable (hence the nomenclature) with input from the head MF boffin - something of an opera lover I'm led to believe. It looks very similar to the SME3009 mkII improved, and features a removable headshell in the style of the IV. I wouldn't use anything else to be honest, I've seen some very exotic very high end turntables on the web using the M2 in preference to much more expensive arms. It goes very well with the dynavector cart.

SMEagol, Mar 4, 2008
  13. SMEagol

alphatoner

• Musical fidelity M1 turntable with good Dynavector D17 mk2 cartridge £1400 (£3.5k) and dedicated PSU. Limited edition TT no more made! Please google M1, its very cart dependent, the TT doesn't colour sound like say a Roksan Xerxes. Best i've owned and now rare. Detail and imaging that makes your spine tingle.

works great on 33.3 just needs platter gently braking for 2 secs with hand to initiate motor brake on 45rpm. Sounds stunning, better than my Townshend Rock did - so ignore any MF cynics out there. Beautiful object too. With SME M2 - (the arm they designed TOO well!)

Thanks for that Chris, I am very interested but can you tell me.

How old the TT is and did you but it from new?

You don't say too much on the condition and it's not easy to tell from the pics, but are there any marks/scratched to the plinth or platter?

How many hours on the cartridge?

Do you still have the original packaging?

would it be even possible to send it via courier or perhaps meet halfway?

alphatoner, Mar 4, 2008
  14. SMEagol

Re M1

I haven't owned this from new, the previous seller said he'd hardly used it and it just sat in his bedroom, its in mint by my own standards which are very high.As to age I couldn't say, but its hardly been used and a very limited production run. I can't see any scratches, and only use microfibre cloths to dust this. I'd say the cart at a guesstimate has done about 200hrs or so, but only about 60 of that on this turntable. I have the manual for this which I'll dig out, but the packing was fairly sparse from the previous seller - mine won't be! I'll wrap this in lint free cotton, then bubble wrap. We met halfway, I'd be happy to go as far as services at brum or the same distance in the opposite direction. I would not trust a courier with this. This way up - or indeed fragile - means nothing to them! The main bearing is heavy hardened military spec steel machined to a tiny tolerance, provided its on the back seat of your car, very well wrapped it should be fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2008
    SMEagol, Mar 4, 2008
  15. SMEagol

alphatoner

Hi Chris,

Again thanks for the fast response. I am very interested, however my big problem is that i currently have two TT's one a Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck the other an SME Model 20 which is currently up for sale and I am not sure I can get way with buying another before at least one of mine have sold.

So although I would love to make you an offer it won't be untill the SME has sold and if yours sells in the meantime it will be my loss

Regards

Ian

alphatoner, Mar 4, 2008
  16. SMEagol

Expanded info on the CD player added as requested.

SMEagol, Mar 5, 2008
  17. SMEagol

Bertoni

Hi Chris
    Sorry about the delay. I'm really sorry but new financial constraints mean that for now I won't be able to buy the Whest after all. A turntable set-up will rest a dream for now unfortunately.
    Good luck with the sale anyway and sorry for any inconvenience.
    Best regards
    Leon.

Bertoni, Mar 6, 2008
  18. SMEagol

Pure_Carbon Diamond Tipped.

Can you send me an image of the trilogy pre.
    How many inputs?
    Does it have a remote?
    Don't flame me here....valve or SS?
    Boxed with manuals?
    [email protected]
    Thanks.

Pure_Carbon, Mar 6, 2008
  19. SMEagol

PSXmad2

Hi PM sent, I will take the CD,
    Cheers
    Tony

PSXmad2, Mar 6, 2008
  20. SMEagol

Bertoni

Hi Chris
    I do have enough money for a nice interconnect! What do you have and how much are they? The Ecosse Maestro sounds interesting if the price is right! What length is it?
    Thanks
    Leon

Bertoni, Mar 6, 2008
Ask a Question