Which cables would work best?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by nling, Oct 8, 2014.

1. nling

nling

Hello Audiosmile! I read the forums and the online magazines and always wonder about the cable reviews. How can I discover what all of the hype is about - It's easy to see it's a controversial topic. I have read promising reviews about cable brands such as Cardas, TARA Labs, and Transparent. I admit I’m leaning towards TARA due to many awards I’ve seen in Absolute Sound magazine. Cardas also seems to be pretty good also. Any advice on which cables would best suit my system. I have a modest system, with the new Sony Digital front end (brilliant), Bryston electronics and B&W loudspeakers. I've also posted this in a handful of other forums just to get general idea. Thank you

nling, Oct 8, 2014
  2. nling

Tenson Moderator

Tenson, Oct 8, 2014
  3. nling

ursus

It can be solid, stranded, copper, oxygen free copper, silver, etc.--or even "magic" wire--as long as the resistance is kept to be less than 5% of the speaker impedance. There is no listening difference as long as the wire is of adequate size. Bear in mind, as previously mentioned, a well-designed amplifier will not have a problem with any wires.

ursus, Aug 5, 2015
  4. nling

Sergeauckland

The best cable is one that's long enough. All other considerations are secondary if not tertiary.

S

Sergeauckland, Aug 5, 2015
Ask a Question