Which manager for England?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by la toilette, Nov 24, 2007.

1. la toilette

la toilette Downright stupid

In the absence of any decent British managers willing or able to take on the empty seat, two European managers have been suggested/discussed on the BBC site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7109777.stm

So, Capello, or Klinsmann? Heh heh.

Actually, I reckon Klinsmann would make a great England manager, if we could only shake off one of our biggest national prejudices.....he'd get my vote anyway, and it be interesting to see what the Sun et all would make of it :D.

Whaddya reckon?

la toilette, Nov 24, 2007
  2. la toilette

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

I doubt that national prejudices can be so easily shaken off and if results did go bad for a spell, things would get very unpleasant. The advantage of Sven as a foreigner was that no one minds Sweden.

I think that there are some English managers who could do a good job and my dream team would be 'Arry Rednapp with Steve Coppell as (part-time) assistant.

7_V, Nov 24, 2007
  3. la toilette

Arrowhead

Another vote for 'Arry' here. Good man manager. Good judge of a player. Nearly always manages to make a silk purse out of a sows ear, and boy, he'll need to.

We'd all enjoy the one liners after the match, as well.

Graham.

Arrowhead, Nov 24, 2007
Ask a Question