Who is the Biggest Threat To Peace?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by BlueMax, Dec 16, 2003.

1. BlueMax

BlueMax

BlueMax, Dec 16, 2003
  2. BlueMax

penance Arrogant Cock

USA

er
    thought it was obvious:confused:

penance, Dec 16, 2003
  3. BlueMax

julian2002 Muper Soderator

are you all maaaaaad... look out for the belgians, the belgians i tell you.. ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa ha ha haaaaa ha ha heeeee.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Dec 16, 2003
  4. BlueMax

penance Arrogant Cock

there coming to take you away Julian:p

penance, Dec 17, 2003
  5. BlueMax

BlueMax

Belgians are Illuminati also? :eek:

BlueMax, Dec 17, 2003
  6. BlueMax

BlueMax

Yet, there are many people, misguided by the half-truths and rhetoric from Bush and Blair, think that "US is a Force for Good"

BlueMax, Dec 17, 2003
  7. BlueMax

BlueMax

All over the world, and in the middle-east in particular, the US government is pursuing a foreign policy that many people consider immoral and criminal. US have supported, trained and armed dictators, illegitimate governments and racist and brutal regimes. US have largely ignored the pain and suffering this has caused.

BlueMax, Dec 17, 2003
  8. BlueMax

cookiemonster

'Peace' seems to be a central concern for many people. Funny, considering that 99% of them have probably never seen a war or been involved in one.

Who is the Biggest Threat To Peace?

.....because it has to be somebody?!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2003
    cookiemonster, Dec 17, 2003
  9. BlueMax

penance Arrogant Cock

Dino

true, i may not have been in or experienced the effects of war. But i was very close to my grandfather who was in WW2 for 4.5 years and did more than his fair share of nasty battles (Alemein, Tobruk, Cassino...). So i have from the horse mouth what the effect can be, both physical and emotional. For me at least i have a very high concern of needing peace:)

penance, Dec 17, 2003
  10. BlueMax

BlueMax

Most individuals I know who were in the WW2 are for peace and not war.

The three countries in Europe who were against the war with Iraq; France, Germany and Russia, are also the ones who suffered most from the WW2.

EU was born out of the yearning for peace by the war weary Europe.

Japan, has 'No War' written into their constitution.

USA, on the other hand, has not really suffered from a major war. American Civil War pales into insignificance compared to centuries of wars in Europe. US history shows that it always got away atrocities. Genocide of the Native Americans, oppression and murder of blacks and other minorities. Now they are doing it on a global scale.

What will it take to make US a peace loving nation?

BlueMax, Dec 17, 2003
  11. BlueMax

BlueMax

US has a long history of murdering innocent people in other countries. Did you know that they have been bombing Iraq on a regular basis for 13 years and killing INNOCENT civilians even before the invasion? Don't forget US bombing raids in Vietnam, Tripoli, Algeria, Yemen, Sudan, Iran and Afghanistan that killed thousands of INNOCENT women and children. Are these not acts of terrorism?

BlueMax, Dec 17, 2003
  12. BlueMax

penance Arrogant Cock

my thoughts exactly BM, the Americqans are state organised terrorists. The problem is that they seem so ignorant to the wants or needs of anyone else and will take as they please at whatever cost.

I think the Bristish have been involved with the last 13 years of raids on Iraq aswell

penance, Dec 17, 2003
  13. BlueMax

Graham C

Well its good that the Japanese have no war in their constitution - they did start one less than 70 years ago, against the US. As did the Germans, and the Russians, [who sided with the Nazis, then changed sides when it suited them].

Graham C, Dec 17, 2003
  14. BlueMax

BlueMax

'No War' in the Jap constitution came about after the WW2.
    Point to understand from my post is that all these countries (the Japs, Germans, French, Russians and the others) except US are yearning for peace now, after the WW2, because they have suffered and learnt from history and is moving forward for peaceful co-existence and prosperity

US has not suffred. So far, even seem to have gained from the violence, oppression and terror both in their country and abroad.

Another evil power such as the Nazi Germany in the making?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2003
    BlueMax, Dec 17, 2003
  15. BlueMax

BlueMax

US is like any other power that existed in the past. It is greedy for world's resources and will do anything to get it. The so-called 'fight against terrorism' is rooted in hypocrisy.

Bush Government is the most evil force in the world today. They have set out to cause untold misery and murder, world has never seen before. Because unlike in the past, we live in a nuclear age with many countries capable of retaliating with nuclear weapons. Could lead to the end of the present civilisation.

BlueMax, Dec 17, 2003
  16. BlueMax

cookiemonster

Bluemax, i say this in the nicest possible way, but a lot of this pamphlet lifted verse is 'misguided by the half-truths and rhetoric'.

But on the other hand, i don't pretend to know anything, as that is arguably the 'Biggest Threat To Peace'.

cookiemonster, Dec 17, 2003
  17. BlueMax

Robbo

I dont generally like to get involved in these discussions as they invariably end up going nowhere - but come on, do you really think this?

Robbo, Dec 17, 2003
  18. BlueMax

BlueMax

Robbo,

The history of the US of A, its foreign policies and military actions throughout the world speak louder than words.

There are millions of people in Britain, Europe and all over the world who share the same fears as I do about the US.

The fundamental problem with US is its insatiable appetite for energy.

Ever increasing consumption of oil mean that from being a net exporter, US has become a net importer of oil. The Middle East has 65% of the world's oil reserves. The US, just 4% of world population, consumes 30% of the world's oil.

US claim to produce more goods. But much of that production cause even more pollution. For example gas guzzling four-wheel drive SUVs has been blamed as one of the worst polluting culprits.

US economic system is based on growth. Growth that relies on ever increasing consumption of energy. A finite resource. Therefore US economic system is not sustainable. US will try to survive by conquering and looting oil from weaker countries. But there is no escape from the fact that even the best estimates show that oil can not last more than 50 years.

BlueMax, Dec 17, 2003
  19. BlueMax

Robbo

:rolleyes:

Yes, but tell me what you think rather that quoting verbatim from some communist (or whatever) propaganda

btw, could you possibly stop writing in bold, its not very easy on the eye.

Robbo, Dec 18, 2003
  20. BlueMax

BlueMax

Robbo
    I write not just what I think; but what I have verified to be true facts. BTW. I am not a communist! But an entrepreneur who have done business with companies in the US.

Your comment remind me of the intellectual vacuum that exists in the US, particularly since 9/11. Freedom of thought is suppressed in the US. Anyone who criticises govt. policy gets labelled as a un-patriotic, communist or terrorist.

If you have any specific criticisms about the points I posted why not do that rather than attempt personal attacks?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2003
    BlueMax, Dec 18, 2003
Ask a Question