Wifey scores 1 for "Meet the Fockers"

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hex Spurt, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Hex Spurt

Hex Spurt

I'm not a huge Ben Stiller fan. IMO he's not talented enough as a comedy actor to carry a leading role. The clunky comedy in Meet the Parents made me cringe, so I wasn't looking forward to the sequel when Wifey said she wanted to see it. But this rental was a pleasant surprise. Wifey scores a point.

A stronger script and a larger cast allowed the film to shed the claustrophobic feeling of the earlier effort. Where the first film lurched from crisis to crisis the second flowed.

Hoffman and Streisand gave great performances as Stiller's new age hippy parents. They provided a much more solid foil for De Niros uptight ex-CIA character and this lifted his performance too. Stiller got less screen time this time round, and that's a good thing in my book.

If you haven't seen Meet the Parents yet then I'd say skip it and just watch this one. It is by far the better of the two.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2005
    Hex Spurt, Jul 25, 2005
  2. Hex Spurt

Tenson Moderator

I have to agree its bettter than the first. The first wasn't bad, but it was prertty close!

Tenson, Jul 25, 2005
  3. Hex Spurt

PumaMan

Zoolander is a great film. The DVD has a great Derek Zoolander voiceover during the menus.

"Is everyone taking crazy pills??"

PumaMan, Jul 25, 2005
  4. Hex Spurt

robert_cyrus

and conversely
    meet the fockers is one of the worst films i have ever seen.
    great cast, but zero storyline.
    avoid
    and watch meet the parents if u havent already, v funny

robert_cyrus, Jul 26, 2005
Ask a Question