Windows is not recognising my microphone.

Discussion in 'Classical Music' started by CosMicPegaSus, Jan 28, 2024.

1. CosMicPegaSus

CosMicPegaSus

I have a Shure SM58 and a Behringer UMC 22 interface and I can’t record any audio on my PC. For some reason, my Mic is not recognised by my PC and I went to Microsoft customer support and spent hours in their live chat window trying to fix the problem. I have an HP prebuilt PC and Microsoft said I need to download the windows 11 drivers for sound and network along with the bios update and firmware. I went to the HP website and there were no windows 11 drivers for my pc and when I went to customer support they said I have to purchase some kind of licence from Microsoft. I don’t want to get stuck in this infinite loop and it has been VERY frustrating trying to record even the slightest bit of audio. The funny thing is that my acer laptop (Which freezes up even when I’m just dragging the mouse) can record audio just fine so I’m not sure what the problem even is. Can you guys give any help? Thanks in advance.

CosMicPegaSus, Jan 28, 2024
Ask a Question