World Designs KEL-84 valve amp

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Sid and Coke, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Sid and Coke

Sid and Coke

For Sale my World Designs KEL84 integrated valve amp. I built this myself as a DIY project and completed it less than 2 years ago in August 2007. Mine has the optional PCB remote relay board installed and is of stock specification and built as per the instructions , i haven't added any 'aftermarket ' modifications to it.

It has given me absolutely faultless service since completion and has been a great little amp. It is in Excellent cosmetic, mechanical and electrical condition.
    I fully tested the voltages last night ( 6th April) at work and the amp is in fine electronic condition. ( excel spreadsheet with the voltages on if interested).

The sound quality of this little EL84 powered amp is fantastic, it is known as something of a giant killler, it is both quiet in operation and dynamic. I have used mine with a pair of Mission 782, Rega Ela and Rega Kyte speakers, it drove them all to good listening levels with ease, even though it is only rated at 15 wpc... ( them are Valve watts :D ...)

Genuine reason for sale; Hi-Fi is a hobby of mine, i often buy, sell and swap my equipment just for the sheer hell of it and because i can, i just like to have a bit of a change every once in a while. I have bought a non working WAD Kit34 EL34 based amp recently of Tony L which i have repaired and am now having a play with that.

This amp is fairly compact (midi sized) and i have no problem with shipping it to a UK address and will 'consider' shipping abroad, but no promises on this. I will pack the amp extremely well for safe shipping, I pride myself on the standard of my parcel packing....

However, I would prefer for the buyer to come an collect it from my house in person, that way i can demonstrate the amp acually working. I live near to St Andrews in Fife, on the east coast of Scotland.

I will include two sets of spare EL84 ( or equivalent) valves and a set of spare ECF80 (or equivalent) so you will have some spares and can try a bit of tube rolling, all of the valves are failry low use with plenty of life left in them.
    Another good thing about the World Designs & WAD kit amplifiers is that they are very well supported with not only help from the manufacturer/Designers but an army of very helpful enthusiasts on the dedicated discussion/help forum.

To buy a fully built and tested amp from World Designs will cost £650 today. My amp is fully built and tested , less than 2 years old, with some spare sets of valves included.

I am asking £350 plus shipping, i will consider reasonable offers for a quick sale, but am not desperate for the cash, so won't be just giving my baby away...

Here are a few KEL84 World Designs links:

http://wduk.worldomain.net/acatalog/info_KEL84.html

http://wduk.worldomain.net/acatalog/kel84.pdf

http://www.wduk.worldomain.net/forum/index.php

Regards
    Tim

Sid and Coke, Apr 7, 2009
  2. Sid and Coke

Sid and Coke

Bump...
    I'm open to reasonable offers for a quick hassle free sale.

If you and your wallet are feeling the pinch from the credit crunch, but really need to buy my fantastic sounding amp then payment over 2 or 3 months via installments is also an option, please don't make me go to e-bay and paypal...

Sid and Coke, Apr 8, 2009
  3. Sid and Coke

Sid and Coke

Amp now provisionally sold pending payment.

Thank you for all your enquiries..

Sid and Coke, Apr 11, 2009
  4. Sid and Coke

Sid and Coke

Update; Sunday 12th April 20:20 pm.

Due to circumstances the potential buyer has now pulled out, so my World Design KEL-84 amplifier as advetised above is now for sale again...

The price is fixed at £315 which will include insured shipping via courier to a UK address, this represents excellent value for money for this fantastic little integrated amplifier.

Sid and Coke, Apr 12, 2009
Ask a Question