Wow, They Can Cook Or Can They?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nando, Aug 8, 2014.

1. nando

nando nando

IT HAS COME TO MY IRRITATION THAT ANY ONE CAN BECOME FAMOUS BY "TRYING"TO COOK.
    we are becoming a nation full of "GASTROPENURS" every one claims to be a ""CHEF"where the hell they got that idea from? presentation is better than the taste of the food, every day there is a "can cook bettter than," eat do not fool that you are better than joe blogs, GET A PROPER JOB , IMO.

nando, Aug 8, 2014
  2. nando

Tenson Moderator

Lol!

I do like Masterchef USA. You will not learn much watching it, but some of the stuff you see is really skilled... and the drama! The cute Korean girl on there now is my favourite to win this season.

I think maybe I'm a gastropreneur? I tend to only buy the better ingredients and cook proper meals in the evening if I have the energy. My favourite thing about travelling is the food - I'll spend most of my money in restaurants. That said I know my own cooking is only of average quality but I keep learning.

Tenson, Aug 8, 2014
  3. nando

nando nando

i know what you mean simon , my uncle had a very well known spanish restaurant in london, sometimes i would help in the kitchen, the greatest pleasure was to meet my mentor "FLOYD" i loved the way he cooked, to cook spanish does not take long, the preparation of the ingridents is a natural process and time consuming,

nando, Aug 9, 2014
  4. nando

Dissily Mordentroge

No cook or chef can ever be anything like the best until and unless they understand the prime importance of the quality of all the ingredients they use. They then need to understand that many overly complex recipes can absolutley kill even the finest ingredients.

Dissily Mordentroge, Nov 8, 2019
Ask a Question