Yamaha HD1300 Damage

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by cooky1257, Jun 10, 2008.

1. cooky1257

cooky1257

Hello ZG'ers,
    While I was away one of our darlings jammed a cd in the drive tray of said recorder.....it gets worse....they then used scissors(!!!oh how I wanted to:grrr::grrr::inferno:) to try to retrieve it , mashing and smashing the tray and shaking out various cogs, wheels, plastic parts etc all over the carpet.
    It's clear this drive is well broken, my question is does anyone know the type of the burner Yamaha used in this model and is it easy to swap out?
    Cheers
    Frank

cooky1257, Jun 10, 2008
  2. cooky1257

zanash

just claim on your house insurance ! it may have other scissor damage thats unseen

zanash, Jun 10, 2008
  3. cooky1257

kmac

cooky isn't the easiet way to find out the type of burner to open it up and see whats printed on the drive itself?

Looks like quite an old drive though from the specs
    8x CD-R, 4x CD-RW so I don' know if it will be easy to get a replacement. But you could try a later drive from the same manufacturer when you find out who it is.

kmac, Jun 10, 2008
  4. cooky1257

Tenson Moderator

If it is just a computer drive, it probably doesn't matter, does it? They all talk the same language.

Tenson, Jun 10, 2008
  5. cooky1257

kmac

Yes they do but the drive itself will have its own firmware which the rest of the device has to communicate with. In theory there should be no issue but to be safe I suggested he stay with the same manufacturer as its unlikley he will be able to source the same drive now (unless second hand)

kmac, Jun 10, 2008
  6. cooky1257

cooky1257

Ah but, I'm away again from the machine and can't do the obvious...:)but could order the drive so it was waiting for me when I get back.

cooky1257, Jun 10, 2008
Ask a Question