Yarland valve amp

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by griffo104, Jun 15, 2005.

1. griffo104

griffo104

Not wishing to gate crash the other valve amp thread going on today.

Has anyone got any experiance or any of you valve fans out there know anything of the very cheap Yarland amp from Edenlake ?

I'm considering putting a 2nd system together - I have my spare Sony dvd/sacd player and my MP3 jukebox as the inputs and after hanging around ebay for a week or two quite fancied going for a valve amp - I've 3 linn amps in my main system so thought a valve amp would be a change. At the price I'm not too fussed even if I don't like it.

But I know nothing about valves and even though it is only 10 watts I won't be able to play it load anyway but if I did go this path any decent speakers I should look out for ?

griffo104, Jun 15, 2005
  2. griffo104

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

For a bedroom system or such, Ive been sorely tempted by this:

http://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13307&perpage=15&highlight=&pagenumber=6

Check out the german 'ebay' advert on that link which can be reached by the underlined word 'here'.

The low price and high apparent quality makes them appealing. Sideshowbob is running them with a gainclone, which isnt exactly the most powerful of amps, so I would have thought you'd be ok.

The finish in maple looks great inho too.

bottleneck, Jun 15, 2005
  3. griffo104

rsand I can't feel my toes

Its not a lot is it. i was looking at that. Not heared it but the mingda stuff he imports are pretty good.

rsand, Jun 15, 2005
  4. griffo104

T-bone Sanchez

I think everyone who is following that thread is sorely tempted! Hopefully I'll be getting a listen to a pair soon.

T-bone Sanchez, Jun 15, 2005
  5. griffo104

Lt Cdr Data om

I had one, its great for the cash, bit low ppowered for my speakers, I prefer el34s for power, but sounds good.

Lt Cdr Data, Jun 15, 2005
Ask a Question