Indiana Jones

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Retroman, May 28, 2008.

1. Retroman

scott_01

It was a bit bollocks wasn't it?

The lack of scientific rigour wasn't bothering me though I have to admit. Using a fridge to escape fro a nuclear blast is about as plausible as getting your face burnt out by a death ray which comes from an old tea chest.

BTW: Simon, you are probably thinking of 'THE IRON MAN' which is a well known childrens' book about a man made of Iron. Not 'IRON MAN' which is the film based on the US comic book. The latter one is about the arms dealer who makes an invincible metal suit. Enjoyable toss.

scott_01, Dec 1, 2008
  2. Retroman

PumaMan

Whilst I missed the fridge scene ( I was in the loo) if I'm understanding he was some distance from the blast but got in the fridge to protect himself?

Well as long as the fridge remained intact and was white or light in colour it would offer protection from the blast.

If you read the book Hiroshima which goes over the detials of the fatal day. Those that wore white linen clothing and were caught in the blast flash suffered little in the way of flash burns from the part of the body covered with clothing.

Unfortunately, those wearing dark or black clothing got terrible burns.

Obviously wouldnt stop the initial radiation burst but I dont think thats what really gets you, its the burns, shock, longer exposure of being in the area and fallout.

PumaMan, Dec 2, 2008
  3. Retroman

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

No the fridge was directly in the centre of the blast.

At the very least he would have been cooked alive if not irradiated

garyi, Dec 13, 2008
  4. Retroman

Levi_501 Its in The Jeans...

It is definately not Raiders of the Lost Ark is it ?

Shame really, I had been looking forward to it.

As BN, I really enjoyed (in a no brainer type of way) Iron Man

Levi_501, Dec 13, 2008
  5. Retroman

MacReady’sShack Rattling shuddering LFE.1

I caught it on DVD as the Empire Leicester Square didn’t have it booked in, in their 56KW JBL THX screen 1. The Odeon screen 6 Leicester Square. Unfortunately it has poor stereo front imaging and sub bass that only manages to peak around 108db. Surrounds that sound like they're switched off?

It’s all good JBL stuff they have just in lousy cinema with poor viewing in the lower stalls. And yes I’ve sat in the circle before. The image of stereo fronts is too distant. The stereo surrounds sound okay in the circle but that’s not good enough.

Anyway I’ve watched Indy4 a few times now, but not nearly as many times as Raiders of The Lost Ark which still stands as the best by far.

One issue in the sound design mixing was the sword fighting on the jeeps. It had some slight echo! In jungle it would be very dense with hardly any walls or rockery to bounce the sound into an echo.

I watched the documentary with sound designer Ben Burtt the swords where recoded inside a building which explains the echo sword effects track.

The film looks neat when played on the LCD video projector so that matching LCR follows the onscreen action sound. I was disappointed in the dialogue track hardly any crazy wild dialogue panning as with Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade which had tones of it! Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom had mild usage of dialogue panning.

Raiders of the Lost Ark had virtually any it was mostly crazy wild sound effects zooming whooshing rolling and whipping cracking around your ears.

The rocket car sled thing was blast and the atomic bomb a bit silly I mean no way would you survive it, but Indy did and with his, hat still on LOL.:D

MacReady’sShack, Oct 17, 2009
Ask a Question