John Paul ... The Great ????

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Uncle Ants, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Uncle Ants

Lt Cdr Data om

I wouldn't be too presumptious about people knowing things, Mick, the capacity of the human monkey for idiocy can be beyond comprehension at times.
    Even in this country, with us educated types who are clued up, there are many uneducated, totally ignorant people who are clueless about things I take for granted like researching things and 'common' knowlegde of things.

Lt Cdr Data, Apr 10, 2005
  2. Uncle Ants

julian2002 Muper Soderator

mick,
    and the best way of keeping your hearing intact is to not listen to music.......
    going to sell the naims then?
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Apr 10, 2005
  3. Uncle Ants

mick parry stroppy old git

Julian

10 out of 10 for a pointless cliche.

We all know the risks and we have the freedom to act accordingly.

Freedom to act as you wish incurrs a responsibilty, so act responsibly and do not abdicate responsibilty to the Pope or anyone else.

Regards

Mick

mick parry, Apr 10, 2005
  4. Uncle Ants

mick,
    thanks, your praise is like water to a man after 10 days in the sahara.

yes WE know the risks but where the only education going is that afforded by the catholic church.... you see my point?

the thing is some people take religion very seriously (some even more so than hi-fi the fools) so the prospect of burning in hell thanks to covering their knob in rubber or having a wank is a real threat. the catholic church's views on contraception are so outdated as to be laughable. a good pope would have found a way of bringing catholicism kicking and screaming into the 21st century, a TRULY great one would have done it and made it seem like gods will therefore silencing any criticism. instead old karol toed the party line, hardly great, perhaps jp the mediochre or jp the tarmac kisser would be appropiate but jp the great is overdoing it still from a nation that idolised a vomiting media tartlet i'd expect no less.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Apr 10, 2005
  5. Uncle Ants

wolfgang

True. What would be your reaction be if he suddenly says your daugthers are free to have sex with as many boyfriends as long as they all wear condoms all the time. Is the problem actually because nice but idoitic husbands refuse to wear condoms with the wife their only sexual partner?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2005
    wolfgang, Apr 10, 2005
  6. Uncle Ants

wolfgang, there is a world of difference between catholicism lifting the 'ban' on contraception and promoting promiscuity. however kids being what they are i'd rather mine understood the risks and protected themselved accordingly when the urge overtook them rather than were in fear of their mortal souls and died thanks to some old geezer 2000 miles away's prejudices.
    can someone actually point me in the direction of the bit in the bible that specifically villifies contraception? (also the inevitable contradicting bit would be nice too). or is it an interpretation of 'go forth and multiply'? i also seem to remember soemthign about seeds and stony ground but always thought that a pretty obvious agricultural tip.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Apr 10, 2005
  7. Uncle Ants

just had a thought.... if you were an american, catholic and caught aids via unprotected sex..... could you sue the pope?
    probably......

julian2002, Apr 10, 2005
  8. Uncle Ants

tones compulsive cantater

No. You had been presented with the Manufacturer's Instructions for the product and you had been warned as to correct use. You could not therefore sue along the lines of the Porsche 930 (911 Turbo in Europe) cases, where the manufacturer's instructions as to how to cope with a turbocharged vehicle with the engine in the wrong end were deemed inadequate.

In this particular case, you have been requested to avoid the wrong end completely, with or without accessories that lack Manufacturer's approval. Any handling problems are therefore entirely on your own, er, head.

tones, Apr 11, 2005
  9. Uncle Ants

wolfgang

:ffrc: and I always thought you are a nice church going type.

wolfgang, Apr 11, 2005
  10. Uncle Ants

Matt F

My total ignorance of everything to do with the Pope and Catholicism was clearly demostrated in the past few days when I said to my wife "Surely his wife and family have some say in where he is burried" followed by "So how far back does the post of Pope go?". To both of these statements all I got was "You're kidding me right?"

And for this reason I'm sure you'll agree it's best if I don't contribute to this or any other Pope threads.

Matt.

Matt F, Apr 11, 2005
  11. Uncle Ants

Yes, but without the "nice". (Some would say "gneiss").

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2005
    tones, Apr 11, 2005
  12. Uncle Ants

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

You probably won't appreciate this then Matt:

Kerry Sends Legion of Lawyers to Monitor Pope Vote

I particularly enjoyed:
    "Catholics deserve a transparent process, open to all candidates regardless of ethnicity, creed or sexual orientation..." :D

7_V, Apr 11, 2005
  13. Uncle Ants

My name is Ron It is, it really is

May I suggest a compromise, namely, John Paul The Not So Bad As Far As Popes Go.

My name is Ron, Apr 11, 2005
  14. Uncle Ants

The Pope that said "Ni"?

tones, Apr 11, 2005
Ask a Question