New Tannoy cabs

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by Jimbo, May 4, 2010.

1. Jimbo

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

According to the Tannerds on the Yahoo group the ideal infinite baffle size for a 15" Gold is 75L, which I suspect is about what mine are. This leads to a pretty tight, fast sound, but lacking some of the scale and bass extension. Above that one apparently needs ports, and size can be anything between 75L and 300L depending on port tuning, with 200L being the theoretical ideal (York I believe). I've no idea how this plays with the 12" driver.

Tony.

PS Link here, but you'll need to be a member to read it.

TonyL, May 11, 2010
  2. Jimbo

johnfromnorwich Tannerd.

Rectangular Lancasters are 96L excluding the displacement of the speakers itself. Mine are nominally the same, but lose some extra due to the substantial internal bracing. Not sure about corner Lancs (which is what I assume yours are based on, Tony). Yours definitely sounded better than my stock Lancs - but then again my room is fairly hideous and sucks the life out of everything. I'm reserving judgement on the current cabs until I move house next, but I have a spare set of HPD drivers for some horns when it happens!

johnfromnorwich, May 11, 2010
  3. Jimbo

Jimbo

Hi Pete

Yes it's the same. I will pm you it just in case.

Jim.

Jimbo, May 11, 2010
Ask a Question