Shostakovich 24 preludes and fugues OP87

Discussion in 'Classical Music' started by alby, Nov 26, 2006.

1. alby

lordsummit moderate mod

I just don't understand Kenneth why you like Jarret's WTC so much? There are some wonderful versions like Walcha and Leonhardt. To my ears Jarret has an approach more like Gould, and is historically inaccurate to say the least.

By the way if you are referring to me in the last post I'd quite like you to alter that. Being the owner of a Music degree, and having spent a considerable amount of time working as a musician you couldn't be though, so who else are you attacking? It's not a way to win friends and influence people.

The beauty of the classical room at ZG is that it is open to all and sundry who are interested in Classical Music. That is a broad church. It has never enjoyed the company of those who make veiled threats to others.

lordsummit, Apr 4, 2007
  2. alby

kenneth cooke

That would explain everything

I rest my case

Attached Files:

kenneth cooke, Apr 4, 2007
  3. alby

kenneth cooke

: Shostakovich 24 preludes and fugues OP87

You are so right, I must have been so blind- thank you for opening my eyes. Concerning the : Shostakovich 24 preludes and fugues OP87 which this thread was about any way I have the Decca 1999 recording by Vladimir Ashkenazy which is very fine (IMOHO)

kenneth cooke, Apr 4, 2007
  4. alby

lordsummit moderate mod

Good for you

lordsummit, Apr 4, 2007
Ask a Question