Tokyo Show 2009

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by joel, Oct 2, 2009.

1. joel

Dev Moderator

Many Thanks Joel.

Dev, Oct 18, 2009
  2. joel

spica

yes..interesting to see

always difficult to view though, as the looks were repetitious, but that's boxes and's why i don't mind the likes of Luxman etc, pleasing to the eye and touch.

otherwise, a case of you had to be there.

cheers :)

spica, Oct 18, 2009
  3. joel

andyoz

I somehow knew that was coming...made me chuckle anyway :D

andyoz, Oct 18, 2009
  4. joel

joel Shaman of Signals

I was unfortunate in getting to the JBL room later in the day when a "sensei" was doing a demo. Had I gone earlier, SPLs would have been much lower I think.
    The 4338s in the Ortofon room sounded good (when they weren't being cranked up too high), as did 9900s in the Accuphase room. Acc make absolutely no bones about EQ'ing speakers of course.
    The simple truth here is that if you want to turn the volume up, get the eq out. Doesn't work any other way. Frankly, though, average 80db peaks at the listening position are more than loud enough. Even at low volume, a little carefully applied eq can go a very long way.
    Next step will be the International Broadcast Equipment Exhibition in November. Don't expect a report, though. That's work.

joel, Oct 20, 2009
  5. joel

Noel Winters

Pictures were great . Just goes to show what one member can do for all the rest of us who by some means or other cannot be
    there .Avery good show .My Thanks Noel W.

Noel Winters, Oct 21, 2009
Ask a Question