scalford hall hifi show 2011

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by zanash, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zanash

Dev Moderator

I agree it is distasteful. Also I feel that it cannot sustain the forum long term, only newer and constructive posts can. Hopefully we are on our way to making a recovery, albeit a slow one.

Dev, Jul 29, 2010
  2. zanash

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

HI Dev

Everyone seems to be agreeing with me, but where are the interesting new posts?

It's not a spectator sport!

I've really tried past month or two, and Rob has also - like to see more more more...

bottleneck, Jul 29, 2010
  3. zanash

Duvet

To the Mods ... i'm sorry that some of our members from the tent have got a bit personal in places . To Richard i hope you can let things go now and all the best luck with your own show .

ATB Duvet

Duvet, Jul 29, 2010
  4. zanash

YNMOAN Trade - AudioFlat

Well, indeed. The trouble is that not every thing interests every one. I've done a recent 'compare phonostages' thread (which is the kind of thing that interests me these days) and a couple of people have been good enough to participate. Unfortunately, I want to hear more than two peoples views so I have also posted it on another forum (I did post it here first though).

YNMOAN, Jul 29, 2010
  5. zanash

RobHolt Moderator

Traffic is high on ZG, but posting has been in decline over the past 24 months.

That has been reversing nicely of late, even if you exclude the combative posts and threads.

It will take about 12 months to get up to 10+ regular active audio threads per day IMO. That's probably about right given the membership numbers.

RobHolt, Jul 29, 2010
  6. zanash

unclepuncle

Well if ever anybody needs to know how not to behave in public and 'how not to make friends and influence people' I'm sure this will serve as a very fine example indeed:D

unclepuncle, Jul 30, 2010
  7. zanash

penance Arrogant Cock

Doesn't the AUP say not to bring up arguments from other forums?

penance, Jul 31, 2010
  8. zanash

Duvet

It does and so i will not explain our position but Richard i thought you had finished with this thread and had made your point and were happy . So what more is to be gained ? Apart from winding people up .

Duvet, Jul 31, 2010
  9. zanash

Richard Dunn

Because the vultures are still pecking, so perhaps it is time for some home truths.

Richard Dunn, Jul 31, 2010
  10. zanash

Duvet

What i see and read from this thread is alot of antagonism directed towards you . That must be happening for a reason Richard but in your skewed vision of the world obviously all these people are wrong and you are right . What i object to is you deliberately trying inflame members of both fora and create a hornet's nest for quite honestly a member of our forum who has never caused us any problems with his behaviour whatsoever. Which can't be said of you . Give the mods here a break and just let things lie .

Regards Danny

Duvet, Jul 31, 2010
  11. zanash

penance Arrogant Cock

If I am a vulture I shall wait until I can pick the flesh off the corpse :)

penance, Jul 31, 2010
  12. zanash

Dev Moderator

Thread closed due to AUP breaches. We'll prune it tomorrow.

Once again guys, please read the AUP regarding bringing disputes from other forums. It's the policy that all members accepted when they joined.

Dev, Jul 31, 2010
  13. zanash

Richard Dunn

The Wigwam powers that be have decided to run Scalford themselves - and about bloody time :rolleyes:

As most of you know, having read this thread, that I have a sort of love hate relationship with that forum and especially its owner, but I will do anything asked to help if asked. I think we all here should also all do that we can to help, or show, or attend as individuals.

It is a unique event and different to the London Show, so those that think there is some sort of competition are either just daft or looking for conflict.

Richard Dunn, Aug 17, 2010
  14. zanash

Papa Lazarou

Never mind Richard.

Papa Lazarou, Aug 18, 2010
  15. zanash

Richard Dunn

:confused:

Richard Dunn, Aug 18, 2010
  16. zanash

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Fair play to them for standing up and giving it a go Richard, good luck, no mean feat to put together a show :)

wadia-miester, Aug 18, 2010
  17. zanash

Richard Dunn

I thought that was what I said, and also what I have been nagging and teasing James about for the last two years.

Somewhere down the line some people have got so far up the wrong end of the stick as to be on another reality.

I do not like or get on with James, and it is mutual - full stop - that is all the problem is. We wind each other up, and it gives me pleasure to tease him. If I wished the show bad will why was I the only manufacturer to fully support it last year with money and time?

I get shit from some of the other Wigwam forum members like Papa, but that is his problem, as I haven't a clue what he is going on about.

Richard Dunn, Aug 18, 2010
  18. zanash

SCIDB Moderator

Hi,

I have signed again for the show. Should be interesting. Not sure what I'll be playing.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Aug 18, 2010
  19. zanash

Samantha

I predict something that may not have what others refer to as 'WAF' but I have no real understanding of ........ but will be producing great sounds and playing really good music that people enjoy hearing. A plinky plonk free zone.

Samantha, Aug 20, 2010
  20. zanash

Richard Dunn

The thing I don't understand is they are collecting up front money to raise the £4500 approx that the hotel will charge - why! All they need to give them is *a* credit card. That holds the booking, and then pay the hotel on the day, that is all I needed to do for the London Bake-Off Show, it is standard proceedure.

Richard Dunn, Aug 20, 2010
Ask a Question